Changes For Version 1.22 (2012-03-17)
- Greatly improved "diff" processing including the new --brief option,
partial line matching, colorized in-line diffs, and better performance.
- Promote "allow-symlinks" to a versionable setting
- Harden the CGI processing logic against DOS attacks
- Add the ability to run TH1 scripts after sync requests
- Store the repository name in _FOSSIL_ as it is type in the "open" command,
possibly as a relative pathname.
- Make ".fslckout" the alternative name for the "_FOSSIL_" file.
- Change the "ssh:" transfer method to allow all access regardless of
- Improvements to the timeline messages associated with tag changes.
(Requires a "fossil rebuild" to take effect.)
- Various additions and fixes for the JSON API.
- Improved merge-with-rename handling.
- --cherrypick merges use their origin's commit message by default.
- Added support for multiple concurrent logins per user.
- Update to use SQLite version 3.7.11.
- Various minor bug fixes.
Changes For Version 1.21 (2011-12-13)
- Added side-by-side diffs in the command-line interface
- Automatically enable hyperlinks if the UserAgent string in the
HTTP header suggests that the requestor is a human and not a bot.
- Show only commonly used commands with "fossil help". Use
"fossil help --all" to see the complete list now.
- Improvements to the "stash" command: (1) Stash all files, not just
those below the working directory. (2) Add the --detail option to
"list". (3) Confirm before "drop --all". (4) Add the "help"
- Add an Admin/Access setting to change the number of octets of the
IP address that are saved in login cookies - allowing this setting
to be changed to zero
- Promote the "test-md5sum" command to "md5sum".
- Added the "whatis" command.
- Stop showing the server-code in status outputs - it is no longer used
- Added a compile-time option (--with-tcl) to build in the full
TCL interpreter to augment TH1.
- Merged the JSON branch into trunk. Disabled by default. Enabled
by a compile-time option. Probably it will be enabled by default
in some future release.
- Update to use SQLite version 3.7.9 plus the alignment fix for Sparc.
Changes For Version 1.20 (2011-10-21)
- Added side-by-side diffs in HTML interface. [0bde74ea1e]
- Added support for symlinks. (Controlled by "allow-symlinks" setting,
off by default). [e4f1c1fe95]
- Fixed CLI annotate to show the proper file version in case there
are multiple equal versions in history. [e161670939]
- Timeline now shows tag changes (requires rebuild).[87540ed6e6]
- Fixed annotate to show "more relevant" versions of lines in
some cases. [e161670939]
- New command: ticket history. [98a855c508]
- Disabled SSLv2 in HTTPS client.[ea1d369d23]
- Fixed constant prompting regarding previously-saved SSL
- Other SSL improvements.
- Added -R REPOFILE support to several more CLI commands. [e080560378]
- Generated tarballs now have constant timestamps, so they are
always identical for any given checkin. [e080560378]
- A number of minor HTML-related tweaks and fixes.
- Added --args FILENAME global CLI argument to import arbitrary
CLI arguments from a file (e.g. long file lists). [e080560378]
- Fixed significant memory leak in annotation of files with long
- Added warnings when a merge operation overwrites local copies
(UNDO is available, but previously this condition normally went
silently unnoticed). [39f979b08c]
- Improved performance when adding many files. [a369dc7721]
- Improve merges which contain many file renames. [0b93b0f958]
- Added protection against timing attacks. [d4a341b49d]
- Firefox now remembers filled fields when returning to forms. [3fac77d7b0]
- Added the --stats option to the rebuild command. [f25e5e53c4]
- RSS feed now passes validation. [ce354d0a9f]
- Show overridden user when entering commit comment. [ce354d0a9f]
- Made rebuilding from web interface silent. [ce354d0a9f]
- Now works on MSVC with repos >2GB. [6092935ff2]
- A number of code cleanups to resolve warnings from various compilers.
- Update the built-in SQLite to version 3.7.9 beta.
Changes For Version 1.19 (2011-09-02)
- Added a ./configure script based on autosetup.
- Added the "fossil winsrv" command
for creating a Fossil service on windows systems.
- Added "versionable settings" where settings that affect
the local tree can be stored in versioned files in the
- Background colors for branches are choosen automatically if no
color is specified by the user.
- The status, changes and extras commands now show
pathnames relative to the current working directory,
unless overridden by command line options or the
change will break scripts which rely on the current
output when the current working directory is not the
- Added "empty-dirs" versionable setting.
- Added support for client-side SSL certificates with "ssl-identity"
setting and --ssl-identity option.
- Added "ssl-ca-location" setting to specify trusted root
- Added the --case-sensitive BOOLEAN command-line option to many commands.
Default to true for unix and false for windows.
- Added the "Color-Test" submenu button on the branch list web page.
- Compatibility improvements to the git-export feature.
- Performance improvements on SHA1 checksums
- Update to the latest SQLite version 3.7.8 alpha.
- Fix the tarball generator to work with very log pathnames
Changes For Version 1.18 (2011-07-14)
- Added this Change Log
- Added sequential version numbering
- Added a optional configure script - the Makefile still works for most
- Improvements to the "annotate" algorithm: only search primary
ancestors and ignore branches.
- Update the "scrub" command to remove traces of login-groups and
- Added the --type option to the "fossil tag find" command.
- In contexts where only a check-in makes sense, resolve branch and
tag names to checkins only, never events or other artifacts.
- Improved display of file renames on a diff. A rebuild is required
to take full advantage of this change.
- Update the built-in SQLite to version 3.7.7.