Fossil Forum

Why am I not getting any forum emails?
Login

(1) By Doug (doug9forester) on 2022-02-01 18:06:28 [link] [source]

Since last Friday, I have not gotten any emails from the fossil forum or the sqlite forum. I did nothing (purposely) to shut them off.

(2) By sean (jungleboogie) on 2022-02-01 19:04:33 in reply to 1 [link] [source]

If you go to https://fossil-scm.org/forum/alerts, what boxes do you have checked?

(3) By Stephan Beal (stephan) on 2022-02-01 20:50:18 in reply to 1 [link] [source]

Since last Friday, I have not gotten any emails from the fossil forum or the sqlite forum. I did nothing (purposely) to shut them off.

Your subscription is set to get updates for:

• Fossil: forum posts and edits
  • sqlite: announcement and forum posts

both via the same @c******.*** email address.

It all looks to be in order and the notifications have been flowing, so the only suggestion i have is to check your spam folder.

(4) By Stephan Beal (stephan) on 2022-02-01 20:51:54 in reply to 3 [link] [source]

both via the same ... email address.

i just sent you a direct test message from the forum admin tools - it should be in your mailbox by now.

(5) By Doug (doug9forester) on 2022-02-02 02:36:32 in reply to 4 [link] [source]

I found every missing email in my junk folder for both the fossil and sqlite forums. Weird. They have never gone there before.

(6) By Doug (doug9forester) on 2022-02-02 03:39:36 in reply to 1 [link] [source]

I found all the missing email in my junk folder. Why - all of sudden - all of the email from the fossil and sqlite forums are going to my junk folder is beyond me.

(7) By Stephan Beal (stephan) on 2022-02-02 04:44:53 in reply to 6 [source]

Why - all of sudden - all of the email from the fossil and sqlite forums are going to my junk folder is beyond me.

Unfortunately, mail senders (the fossil/sqlite server(s), in this case) are largely at the mercy of Larger Powers when it comes to outbound mail being flagged as spam. Richard has made every effort to have the generated mails appear legitimate, but it's an ongoing and uphill battle :/.