Fossil Forum

Testing the forum
Login

Testing the forum

Testing the forum

(1) By anonymous on 2018-08-10 13:24:00 [link] [source]

The subject says it all.

(2.1) By Richard Hipp (drh) on 2018-08-10 13:54:10 edited from 2.0 in reply to 1 [link] [source]

I accepted this because the Forum is new. But at some point, I think we moderators should start rejecting posts such as the above.

Maybe the forum feature needs some kind of "sandbox" for users to try things out in a way that only they can see the results? There is a sandbox wiki page (https://www.fossil-scm.org/fossil/wiki?name=Sandbox) that anybody can read or write to. Perhaps we also need a sandbox forum thread? Perhaps the backoffice automatically clears out all posts from the sandbox thread daily, at the same time that it sends the daily digest?

(3) By anonymous on 2018-08-10 14:03:17 in reply to 2.1 [link] [source]

Yes, that makes sense. I didn't see any traffic and I wanted to see how quickly I would receive email notifications---as it turns out, not very quickly because the forum is moderated.

(4) By sean (jungleboogie) on 2018-08-10 14:14:23 in reply to 2.1 [link] [source]

> There is a sandbox wiki page

Yes, but if that triggers email alerts, that may just be another form of spam. Albeit, not created by robots.

I do like the idea of having it purged daily, though.

(5) By Richard Hipp (drh) on 2018-08-10 14:27:46 in reply to 4 [source]

Perhaps writes to the sandbox only trigger email alerts to users who have messages in the sandbox? And since the sandbox messages disappear daily, any spamming problems will automatically resolve themselves.