Fossil Forum

2.12 breaks Ardoise skin
Login

2.12 breaks Ardoise skin

2.12 breaks Ardoise skin

(1.1) By js (Midar3) on 2020-08-29 18:15:42 edited from 1.0 [link] [source]

The currently selected checkin now has an ugly background that seems like it is some hardcoded value and not from the skin, see https://objfw.nil.im/info/4666442ec26329cc for example.

https://facepalm.synology.me/fossil/ardoise/doc/trunk/www/screenshots/checkin.png shows how it is supposed to look.

(2) By sean (jungleboogie) on 2020-08-30 01:19:33 in reply to 1.1 [link] [source]

If I did the bisecting correctly, looks like this commit broke the view.

(3) By Warren Young (wyoung) on 2020-08-30 01:24:55 in reply to 1.1 [link] [source]

The skin's received several updates recently. Have you either merged those changes into your local skin, or reset your skin to the stock state?

When you select a non-default skin, you're making a copy of the skin at the time of selection which then stays static forevermore, until you edit it again. Your local copy doesn't auto-upgrade when the stock version of the skin changes, because it might have local edits that would conflict.

It's why the Fossil skin editor has the diffing facilities: so you can quickly see what's changed and decide how much of it you want to adopt.

(4) By sean (jungleboogie) on 2020-08-30 03:12:06 in reply to 3 [link] [source]

The skin's received several updates recently. Have you either merged those changes into your local skin, or reset your skin to the stock state?

Setting up a new Fossil repo and changing from the default skin to Ardoise in either draft1, or making it the default results in the same look that js linked to.

Are there changes someone would need to make on a brand new repo in order for Ardoise to look correctly?

(5) By js (Midar3) on 2020-08-30 03:46:44 in reply to 3 [link] [source]

I'm aware, and it's the first thing I suspected and tried. But resetting the skin makes absolutely no differnece.

(6) By Stephan Beal (stephan) on 2020-08-30 05:54:57 in reply to 1.1 [link] [source]

The currently selected checkin now has an ugly background that seems like it is some hardcoded value and not from the skin, see https://objfw.nil.im/info/4666442ec26329cc for example.

Hmmmm. i'm curious how this slipped by me in the testing with the version Sean points to and in Andy G's recent touchups of that skin (which are far-derived from that version).

Here's a workaround which is working for me via the browser dev tools and i'll take a look at updating the skin to account for this: in the skin editor, add this to the bottom:

.timelineSelected {
  background-color: initial
}

(7) By Stephan Beal (stephan) on 2020-08-30 06:09:33 in reply to 1.1 [link] [source]

This is now fixed in the trunk, just a variant of what i suggested in my last post:

Index: skins/ardoise/css.txt
==================================================================
--- skins/ardoise/css.txt
+++ skins/ardoise/css.txt
@@ -9,10 +9,11 @@
 table.login_out,
 table.login_out td,
 tr.timelineCurrent,
 tr.timelineCurrent td.timelineTableCell,
 tr.timelineSelected {
+  background-color: initial;
   border: 0
 }
 ol,
 p,
 ul {

You can simply make that change in the skin editor, rather than updating your fossil version.

Thank you for the report!

(8) By js (Midar3) on 2020-08-30 13:22:49 in reply to 7 [link] [source]

Thx, this comes very close to it, but there is still some slight shadow to the left of it that wasn't there before: https://objfw.nil.im/info/f79f04f882c43fa6

(9) By Stephan Beal (stephan) on 2020-08-30 13:53:51 in reply to 8 [link] [source]

Thx, this comes very close to it, but there is still some slight shadow to the left of it that wasn't there before: https://objfw.nil.im/info/f79f04f882c43fa6

i'm not going to chase that down because i consider it to be a personal preference rather than a problem and i actually like it better that way (there's no accounting for taste, after all). (Note that in 2.13 more Ardoise differences will appear, courtesy of Andy Goth.)

That said, if you will find and post the CSS which eliminates that shadow i'll integrate it.

(10) By js (Midar3) on 2020-09-04 16:46:16 in reply to 9 [source]

box-shadow: none in .timelineSelected does the trick. Can you add that as well, please?

(11) By Stephan Beal (stephan) on 2020-09-04 17:00:46 in reply to 10 [link] [source]

box-shadow: none in .timelineSelected does the trick. Can you add that as well, please?

Done! A similar shadow is (still) on .timelineCurrent, just FYI.

(12) By js (Midar3) on 2020-09-06 15:02:14 in reply to 11 [link] [source]

Where would this show up? I didn't see any shadows anywhere anymore after changing .timelineSelected.

(13) By Stephan Beal (stephan) on 2020-09-06 16:41:03 in reply to 12 [link] [source]

Where would this show up? I didn't see any shadows anywhere anymore after changing .timelineSelected.

This was the one-line change you requested to the Ardoise skin:

https://fossil-scm.org/fossil/info/3af6e7ceb4423169

It will affect any elements with the timelineSelected class, like you requested above:

(14) By John Rouillard (rouilj) on 2020-09-06 20:00:45 in reply to 13 [link] [source]

I think he is asking where .timelinecurrent's box shadow shows up.

(15) By js (Midar3) on 2020-09-08 12:16:12 in reply to 14 [link] [source]

Yep, exactly that.

(16) By js (Midar3) on 2020-09-08 12:16:44 in reply to 13 [link] [source]

That does not seem to contain the other change, though?

But what I really meant is where I would still see that shadow, because I haven't found it anywhere.

(17) By Stephan Beal (stephan) on 2020-09-08 12:37:27 in reply to 16 [link] [source]

That does not seem to contain the other change, though?

i'm not sure which other change you're referring to unless you mean the unisghtly background color inheritance, which was fixed in trunk near the top of this thread.

As to:

I think he is asking where .timelinecurrent's box shadow shows up.

Sorry, i confused timelineSelected and timelineCurrent. If i'm understanding the C code correctly, timelineCurrent is the current version of a checkout, as opposed to the "currently selected" version. Apparently it only appears when running the UI from a checkout.

(18) By andygoth on 2020-09-15 20:17:00 in reply to 1.1 [link] [source]

If you're interested in the Ardoise skin, have a look at the andygoth-ardoise-tweaks branch and feel free to contribute. It's not 100% the way I want it yet, just haven't had time to tinker.