Fossil Forum

Default Skin, for Warren Young
Login

(1.1) By Alex P (aplsimple) on 2019-09-27 13:32:39 edited from 1.0 [source]

Would you consider a change to Default Skin?

Home tab chosen, the header displays:
  Project_name / Project_name

For example:
  http://chiselapp.com/user/rkeene/repository/tclpkcs11

IMO it's better to display this way:
  Project_name / Home

Similar to other skins, 'Header' code might start with:

<div class="header">
  <div class="title">
    <div class="page-title">
      <div class="title-header"><a href="$home$index_page"><h1>$<project_name></h1></a>
      <th1>
        if {$current_page eq [string range $index_page 1 end] || 
            $current_page eq "index" || $project_name eq $title} {
          puts Home
        } else {
          puts $title
        }
      </th1>
      </div>
    </div>
  </div>

Thanks,
Alex

(2) By Warren Young (wyoung) on 2019-09-27 15:16:18 in reply to 1.1 [link] [source]

I don't know why you want my particular attention on this. Any work I do on the default skin goes through drh as gatekeeper, since it affects his repos on fossil-scm.org.

What I see here is a matter of taste, and since the fossil-scm.org repos keep fairly close to the default skin, what you're basically asking for here is for drh to either accept a change to his own repos' skins or to accept another divergence from the stock skin. That means it's not my call at all.

I don't have any objection to your change, but it isn't really my opinion that matters here.

(3) By Alex P (aplsimple) on 2019-09-28 04:38:15 in reply to 2 [link] [source]

Just the skins/default/js.txt reads:

/* ** Copyright © 2018 Warren Young ** ** This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or ** modify it under the terms of the Simplified BSD License (also ** known as the "2-Clause License" or "FreeBSD License".) ** ** This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, ** but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of ** merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. ** ** Contact: wyoung on the Fossil forum, https://fossil-scm.org/forum/

Never mind. The skin is very very good. Your hamburger is its best.

(4) By Warren Young (wyoung) on 2019-09-28 15:15:23 in reply to 3 [link] [source]

The JS file is one of 5 pieces of a Fossil skin. The CSS is by far the most important piece.

This particular JS controls only one small part of the skin, and it isn't entirely mine any more besides. It's a late addition to the skin, which was primarily designed by someone else.