Fossil Forum

Appreciating `fossil_prompt.sh` plus question about project name in `fossil info`
Login

Appreciating `fossil_prompt.sh` plus question about project name in `fossil info`

(1) By Stephen Weigand (weigand) on 2020-11-11 03:31:10 [source]

Hi,

I tried fossil_prompt.sh which incorporates some output from fossil info into a Bash prompt and I think it's great. (Thank you to Dan Kennedy.)

One modification to the prompt is that the project name is displayed. However, I noticed two aspects of my workflow (such as it is) that need help:

1. Some of my project names were long and this made the prompt unnecessarily long
  2. Some projects were unnamed

However, when I edit or add a project name via the setup_config Web page (running via fossil server), I am not seeing the new name show up in my local fossil info results (and thus not seeing the new name in the prompt), even after syncing.

My question is this: How do I set a project-name locally via the command line?

I assume I am missing something obvious but I have searched the documentation and am not seeing the solution.

With appreciation and hoping the question is clear,

Stephen

(2) By Stephan Beal (stephan) on 2020-11-11 03:36:16 in reply to 1 [link] [source]

... even after syncing.

You'll need to pull the configuration after changing the name on your remote:

fossil config pull project

ought to do it. Configuration-level stuff is not synchronized via "pull" and friends (which includes autosync).

(3) By Stephen Weigand (weigand) on 2020-11-11 04:12:18 in reply to 2 [link] [source]

Perfect. Thank you! That's (of course) exactly it.

And for the record (or for future visitors), searching the docs for "fossil config" leads to the details of what is synced and why in the Technical Overview page.

(4) By Warren Young (wyoung) on 2020-11-11 12:19:39 in reply to 3 [link] [source]

The backup doc also touches on this and related topics.