Fossil Forum

Blitz skin thread tweaking
Login

(1) By brickviking on 2023-03-15 12:31:25 [source]

One last patch, this time to the Blitz skin, for the same reasons as the previous two posts. I also corrected a typo.

I tried making the changes as minimal as I could understand, although I really don't understand how the Blitz skin is put together. Please feel free to change the selector to something that actually fits.

Index: skins/blitz/css.txt
==================================================================
--- skins/blitz/css.txt
+++ skins/blitz/css.txt
@@ -821,10 +821,13 @@

.content a {
   color: #002060;
 }

+.content a:visited {
+  color: #648999;
+}

/* Footer
  * Displayed after the middle div and forms the page bottom.
 ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– */
 .footer {
@@ -1114,11 +1117,11 @@
 span.timelineComment {
   padding: 0px 5px;
 }

-/* Login/Loguot
+/* Login/Logout
 ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– */
 table.login_out {
 }

table.login_out .login_out_label {

I also stumbled on a visual bug with Blitz, Ardoise and Darkmode, I'll try to have a patch for those once I figure out what's wrong. Basically, the Submit button on a New Thread post doesn't appear to be disabled in those skins (i.e. hover effect toggles the colour the same as it does for the Preview button), although it's actually disabled, and clicking it does nothing before the post has been previewed at least once (at least the first time around). However, it should also show as disabled, perhaps saturation should be 0.3 or something and the hover effect should not happen.

If I've already hit "Preview" then of course the submit button will work fine, the bug's only a visual one.

Cheers, brickviking

(Post 15)

(2) By Stephan Beal (stephan) on 2023-03-15 12:50:47 in reply to 1 [link] [source]

although I really don't understand how the Blitz skin is put together.

It's been applied, thank you.

... although I really don't understand how the Blitz skin is put together.

Blitz is one of the oldest skins, and contains some degree of evolutionary cruft. e.g. the "prefix-style" CSS properties, like -moz-text-size-adjust, have long-since been obsolete and could safely be removed. Newer skins (like darkmode, which is the most recent addition or close to it) don't use those older style names.

Basically, the Submit button on a New Thread post doesn't appear to be disabled in those skin

It's likely just "conflicting" colors.