Fossil Forum

rebuild does not fix "Changes to a wiki page → Obsolete EVENT table information. Run "fossil rebuild" on the repository."
Login

rebuild does not fix "Changes to a wiki page → Obsolete EVENT table information. Run "fossil rebuild" on the repository."

(1) By bohwaz on 2022-05-02 10:44:31 [source]

I have this message on my timeline:

Changes to a wiki page → Obsolete EVENT table information. Run "fossil rebuild" on the repository.

So I do a rebuild.

But the message is still there :(

Example: https://fossil.kd2.org/garradin/timeline?c=9987f3a0f830809d&y=a

Using fossil 2.18.

Is there something else I can try?

(2) By Florian Balmer (florian.balmer) on 2022-05-04 06:06:50 in reply to 1 [link] [source]

I get the same result when attaching files to wiki pages with yesterday's version of Fossil.

The origin of the message are these lines, but from looking at the "Annotation" history I'm not sure what's going on, maybe that the intended counterpart for the "rebuild" command is missing?

(3) By Stephan Beal (stephan) on 2022-05-04 06:17:06 in reply to 2 [link] [source]

... maybe that the intended counterpart for the "rebuild" command is missing?

A cursory test suggests that the handling for attachments is not correct. i'm looking into it now. The zCom variable actually contains the proper checkin message, but it's being incorrectly recognized as a wiki page instead of an attachment.

(4) By Stephan Beal (stephan) on 2022-05-04 06:38:20 in reply to 1 [link] [source]

I have this message on my timeline: ... Is there something else I can try?

This is a bug in the handling of the timeline view for attachments. There is nothing you can currently do as an end user but there are several potential fixes currently under investigation. You can expect a fix in the next day or two.

This has very likely been broken since more than a year ago (about 18 months, IIRC) when the internal format of wiki log messages was changed.

(5) By Stephan Beal (stephan) on 2022-05-04 11:49:15 in reply to 4 [link] [source]

There is nothing you can currently do as an end user but there are several potential fixes currently under investigation.

This is now corrected in the trunk version, so attachments to wiki pages will show up properly in the /timeline page.

(6) By Florian Balmer (florian.balmer) on 2022-05-04 12:12:39 in reply to 5 [link] [source]

Thanks for taking care of this!

(7) By Stephan Beal (stephan) on 2022-05-04 12:25:34 in reply to 6 [link] [source]

Thanks for taking care of this!

FYI: i completely missed the original post a couple of days ago - it was your followup to it which brought it to my attention.

(8) By bohwaz on 2022-05-04 23:48:40 in reply to 5 [link] [source]

Thank you Stephen! :)