Fossil Forum

Create a repo and join a login-group in one go
Login

(1.1) By Norbert (NorbertK) on 2022-08-23 08:09:23 edited from 1.0 [source]

Hello all,

I want to create a fossil repo and join a login-group in one go with the following two commands:

# Neu anlegen
fossil new  --project-name "name" --project-desc "desc" C:\data_local\fossil-repos\test.fossil

fossil login-group join C:\data_local\fossil-repos\klamann-fossil.fossil --name klamann  -R C:\data_local\fossil-repos\test.fossil

The new repository shows up in the repository list as member of the login-group klamann but I (Norbert) am not logged in and my password of the login group is not accepted.

Everything works for my other repositories which exist for longer and which i joined to the newly created login-group later.

Any ideas why this is so ?

Update

Maybe it is relevant that my UserId is the system-user-Id which is automatically created when the repo is created.

Thanks a lot

Norbert

(2) By David Pflug (dpflug) on 2022-09-02 01:42:48 in reply to 1.1 [link] [source]

I was just looking for this as well. Looks like our best bet may be to make a shell script or function for it.

(5) By Norbert (NorbertK) on 2022-09-02 10:29:59 in reply to 2 [link] [source]

But the point is that this ideas does not work.

Maybe the problem is that I have only the initial setup user in all repositories . And this user was created in the new repository with a default password.

(3) By Stephan Beal (stephan) on 2022-09-02 07:54:51 in reply to 1.1 [link] [source]

Any ideas why this is so ?

FWIW, i've marked your post's notification mail for later investigation but other priorities currently reduce my fossil-side time to near zero except to deal with crash/security issues so can't say when i'll get to it :/.

(4) By Norbert (NorbertK) on 2022-09-02 10:27:11 in reply to 3 [link] [source]

Thanks a lot, Stephen, no worries