Fossil Forum

A call for fossil users who can test/fix breakage Makefile.msc and Makefile.PellesCGMake
Login

A call for fossil users who can test/fix breakage Makefile.msc and Makefile.PellesCGMake

(1.2) By Stephan Beal (stephan) on 2021-12-25 20:19:27 edited from 1.1 [source]

As part of a code-reorg suggested in /chat, we are moving many of the files from src/ to either tools/ or extsrc/. The tools bits seem to be unproblematic but it's very likely that src/Makefile.msc is now broken and it's a 100% certainty that win/Makefile.PellesCGMake is now broken. (Edit: using the power of collaborative /chat we've fixed the MSC build.)

We're looking for users of those makefiles who can take a look at fossil:/timeline?r=code-movement and make the appropriate changes to tools/makemake.tcl (noting that makemake.tcl used to be in src/) for those build environments.

AFAIK we haven't had any active users of PellesCGMake since that build option was introduced in 2010, but that C compiler is still maintained, so i won't call for removal of that makefile. Its make syntax and structure are, however, sufficiently foreign to me that i'm quite certain that today's changes have hosed it.

Please make any edits directly in makemake.tcl, re-run tclsh makemake.tcl (must be run from the tools dir), and check those in, if possible. i have no way of testing them, but can make and check in specific changes for those who can suggest them but who do not have commit access.

Thank you in advance!

PS: Happy Christmas!

Edit: per /chat discussion, if nobody claims the PellesC build by the time 2.18 is released, that build option will be dropped from the tree.

(2) By Stephan Beal (stephan) on 2022-02-21 20:35:12 in reply to 1.2 [link] [source]

Edit: per /chat discussion, if nobody claims the PellesC build by the time 2.18 is released, that build option will be dropped from the tree.

Follow-up: as threatened two months ago, the PelleC build is being dropped from the pending 2.18 release.