The "http" command:
Handle a single HTTP request appearing on stdin. The resulting webpage is delivered on stdout. This method is used to launch an HTTP request handler from inetd, for example. The argument is the name of the repository.
If REPOSITORY is a directory that contains one or more repositories, either directly in REPOSITORY itself or in subdirectories, and with names of the form "*.fossil" then a prefix of the URL pathname selects from among the various repositories. If the pathname does not select a valid repository and the --notfound option is available, then the server redirects (HTTP code 302) to the URL of --notfound. When REPOSITORY is a directory, the pathname must contain only alphanumerics, "_", "/", "-" and "." and no "-" may occur after a "/" and every "." must be surrounded on both sides by alphanumerics or else a 404 error is returned. Static content files in the directory are returned if they match comma-separate GLOB pattern specified by --files and do not match "*.fossil*" and have a well-known suffix.
The --host option can be used to specify the hostname for the server. The --https option indicates that the request came from HTTPS rather than HTTP. If --nossl is given, then SSL connections will not be available, thus also no redirecting from http: to https: will take place.
If the --localauth option is given, then automatic login is performed for requests coming from localhost, if the "localauth" setting is not enabled.
- --baseurl URL
- base URL (useful with reverse proxies)
- --extroot DIR
- document root for the /ext extension mechanism
- --files GLOB
- comma-separate glob patterns for static file to serve
- --host NAME
- specify hostname of the server
- signal a request coming in via https
- --in FILE
- Take input from FILE instead of standard input
- --ipaddr ADDR
- Assume the request comes from the given IP address
- --jsmode MODE
- enable automatic login for local connections
- do not compress HTTP replies
- omit backoffice processing if it would delay process exit
- drop root privilege but do not enter the chroot jail
- signal that no SSL connections are available
- --notfound URL
- use URL as "HTTP 404, object not found" page.
- --out FILE
- write results to FILE instead of to standard output
- If REPOSITORY is directory, URL "/" lists all repos
- Interpret input as SCGI rather than HTTP
- --skin LABEL
- Use override skin LABEL
- trace TH1 execution (for debugging purposes)
- Use saved encryption key from parent process. This is only necessary when using SEE on Windows.