The "sqlite3" command:
Run the sqlite3 command-line shell on the Fossil repository identified by the -R option, or on the current repository. See https://www.sqlite.org/cli.html for additional information about the sqlite3 command-line shell.
WARNING: Careless use of this command can corrupt a Fossil repository in ways that are unrecoverable. Be sure you know what you are doing before running any SQL commands that modify the repository database. Use the --readonly option to prevent accidental damage to the repository.
- Skip opening the repository database.
- Open the repository read-only. No changes are allowed. This is a recommended safety precaution to prevent repository damage.
- -R REPOSITORY
- Use REPOSITORY as the repository database
All of the standard sqlite3 command-line shell options should also work.
The following SQL extensions are provided with this Fossil-enhanced version of the sqlite3 command-line shell:
- Return the mtime for the file Y (a BLOB.RID) found in check-in X (another BLOB.RID value).
- Compress text X with the same algorithm used to compress artifacts in the BLOB table.
- Return the content of artifact X. X can be an artifact hash or hash prefix or a tag. Artifacts are stored compressed and deltaed. This function does all necessary decompression and undeltaing.
- Decompress text X. Undoes the work of compress(X).
- Apply delta D to source blob X and return the result.
- Create and return a delta that will convert X into Y.
- Return the number of bytes of output to expect when applying delta D
- A table-valued function that deconstructs delta D and returns rows for each element of that delta.
- A table-valued function that returns info on all files contained in check-in X. Example:SELECT * FROM files_of_checkin('trunk');
- Return the number of seconds since 1970.
- Obfuscate the text password T so that its original value is not readily visible. Fossil uses this same algorithm when storing passwords of remote URLs.
- The REGEXP operator works, unlike in standard SQLite.
- Return the BLOB.RID corresponding to symbolic name X.