Fossil Forum

Forum post revision chain no longer viewable in web UI, bug?
Login

(1) By Larry Brasfield (larrybr) on 2022-11-19 14:39:36 [source]

When this forum and the SQLite forum transitioned to using Fossil's forum feature, and for many months afterward, revised posts1 were displayed with a link to the earlier numbered version. And when that link was clicked, the earlier version could be viewed. Nice. And useful when trying to see what changed.

Sometime in the past few months, (maybe most of this year), that stopped working. Now, when the previous version link is clicked, the current version is displayed again. To see the older posts apparently requires Fossil-Fu that is still beyond me.

I suspect, and respectfully suggest that this new behavior is a bug. It seems silly to have a link that is nothing more than deceptive page refresh.

1. ^ "Revised" as in edited and reposted

(2) By Richard Hipp (drh) on 2022-11-19 14:59:46 in reply to 1 [link] [source]

Do you have a link to an example?

(3.1) By george on 2022-11-19 15:56:19 edited from 3.0 in reply to 2 [link] [source]

For example this post has "edited from 10.2" in the header. The hyperlink behind "10.2" is malformed: it contains "??" (instead of just one ?).

ADDENDUM:

Perhaps this bug was introduced by check-in 168eb71643a4, but I'm not sure.

(4) By Larry Brasfield (larrybr) on 2022-11-19 16:28:36 in reply to 2 [link] [source]

Here's a simple one.

George has identified the problem, alright. The only *-Fu needed is to take the extra '?' out of the URL parameter. (Web-Fu?)